- Meet our new Head of Department
- Paul Shearing - Most Cited Author
- Dr. Eva Sorensen awarded the ExxonMobil Excellence in Teaching Award
- Dr. Paola Lettieri’s article - one of the most cited
- Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
- Chemical Engineering awarded ChemEngDayUK 2013 poster prizes
- Leon Brown wins ‘Focus on the Positives’ competition
- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Jacobs Engineering – Careers Presentation
Meet our new Head of Department
2 October 2012
The Department is pleased to welcome Prof Marc-Olivier Coppens as the new Head of Department and Ramsay Memorial Professor of Chemical Engineering.
Marc-Olivier Coppens has previously held academic positions in the Netherlands (TU Delft) and the U.S.A. (Rensselaer). He has received many awards and has been a Distinguished Visiting Professor in China and at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. His multidisciplinary research combines fundamental theoretical work with experiments, centering on nature-inspired chemical engineering, to design and build efficient chemical processes, porous catalysts and separation systems, inspired by efficient biological systems. He is involved in many international collaborations in the U.S.A., Europe, Japan and China, published widely, and has given over one hundred invited lectures worldwide.
We hope that his association with the Department is long and fruitful.
Page last modified on 02 oct 12 09:25