- Meet our new Head of Department
- Paul Shearing - Most Cited Author
- Dr. Eva Sorensen awarded the ExxonMobil Excellence in Teaching Award
- Dr. Paola Lettieri’s article - one of the most cited
- Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
- Chemical Engineering awarded ChemEngDayUK 2013 poster prizes
- Leon Brown wins ‘Focus on the Positives’ competition
- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
Meet our new Head of Department
2 October 2012
The Department is pleased to welcome Prof Marc-Olivier Coppens as the new Head of Department and Ramsay Memorial Professor of Chemical Engineering.
Marc-Olivier Coppens has previously held academic positions in the Netherlands (TU Delft) and the U.S.A. (Rensselaer). He has received many awards and has been a Distinguished Visiting Professor in China and at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. His multidisciplinary research combines fundamental theoretical work with experiments, centering on nature-inspired chemical engineering, to design and build efficient chemical processes, porous catalysts and separation systems, inspired by efficient biological systems. He is involved in many international collaborations in the U.S.A., Europe, Japan and China, published widely, and has given over one hundred invited lectures worldwide.
We hope that his association with the Department is long and fruitful.
Page last modified on 02 oct 12 09:25