CDCN is an interdisciplinary, cross-faculty and cross-theme initiative that aims to promote research and training within the field of developmental cognitive neuroscience across UCL and its partner institutions.
- CDCN December Seminar: Prof David Shanks (UCL GOS ICH) on “Testing your memory: The many consequences of retrieval on long-term learning and retention” 13 December, Leolin Price, 4pm.
- CDCN Christmas Seminar: Assistant Professor Jason Snyder (British Columbia) on “Sex differences in the spatial memory functions of adult hippocampal neurogenesis” 15 December, Levinsky Room, ICH, 1pm.
- 5th UK Paediatric Neuropsychology Symposium - speaker presentations
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience news:
- Researchers see changes linked Alzheimer's in subjects aged 3 to 20 years old (The Wall Street Journal)
- How understanding the brain affects learning potential (The Guardian)
- Children in poor nations slow in developing basic skills (SciDev.Net) / Original research article by Dana Charles McCoy (PLOS Journal)
- Musical play may boost understanding and long-term learning in babies (The Guardian)
- Novel mouse model sheds new light on autism spectrum disorder (University of Wisconsin-Madison)