*** NEW Venue *** University College London, UK More...
Published: Jul 15, 2014 1:24:16 PM
Centre for Translation Studies (CenTraS)
|The Centre for Translation Studies is responsible for the MSc in Scientific, Technical and Medical Translation with Translation Technology. Our academic staff enjoy an international reputation for the quality of Translation Studies research and teaching, particularly in the fields of specialised and audiovisual translation.|
We offer a wide range of stand alone courses in Translation Technology , as well as e-learning courses for those looking to learn more about this ever-changing area. We also run very successful intensive summer courses in Audiovisual Translation and Translation Technology.
- Saturday courses: Translation Technology
- Summer course: Audiovisual Translation
- Summer course: Translation Technology
- Online Course in Localisation
- Online Course in Subtitling
- Online Course in Cloud-based Translation Tools
We organise a series of seminars delivered by leading Translation Studies scholars and practitioners of translation from other universities and companies in the UK and abroad. These seminars promote both professional and research-based aspects of translation and offer our students a unique opportunity for information contact with leading academics and professional translators.
We invite applications from students wishing to conduct PhD Studies by undertaking research in a range of areas or disciplines within Translation Studies. We also welcome Affiliate Academics who are interested in our work and want to spend a period of research leave with us.
The centre was previously based at Imperial College London and has recently moved to UCL.
October IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series (3rd - 4th October 2014)
- Domestication and Foreignization in Audio-visual Translation: subtitling African American Vernacular English into French. Speaker: Pierre Alexis. Date 8th October 2014
- Time at the cross-roads: time for the transcreational turn? Speaker: David Katan. Date 22nd Ocotber 2014