About The Centre
The Centre for Behaviour Change is a unique initiative, harnessing the breadth and depth of academic expertise in behaviour change at UCL to address key challenges facing society. Behaviour change is increasingly recognised as central to human well-being, social cohesion and sustainability. Changing behaviour is a challenging and complex process, requiring theories, methods and evidence from many academic disciplines.
To develop expertise and bring that to the widest possible
audience, across the public, commercial and charity sectors, we:
- Host cross-disciplinary events addressing topical social and methodological issues
- Provide evidence based consultancy
- Deliver effective training and teaching
- Build communities to facilitate the engagement of policy-makers, practitioners and researchers with expertise at UCL
- Engage in cutting-edge cross-disciplinary research
The Centre is directed by Susan Michie. We are supported by a cross-disciplinary Executive Committee and an Advisory Board that covers key areas of engagement within and external to UCL. We aim to become a leading and world-renowned centre for expertise in behaviour change.