Institute of the Americas
- Westminster in the Caribbean conference: September 11-12 2014 in Jamaica
- New UCL-IA Director Appointed
- UCL-IA staff nominated to UCL Student Choice Teaching Awards
- Verena Braehler on violence in Rio de Janeiro
- Tony McCulloch elected President of BACS
- Iwan Morgan awarded BAAS Honorary Fellowship 2014
- The Americas Studentships - call for applications
- MSc International Relations of the Americas - Apply online now
- Watch our videos
- New Modules for 2014/15
Tweets by @UCLAmericas
Starts: Oct 23, 2014 6:00:00 PM
Starts: Nov 19, 2014 5:30:00 PM
Starts: Dec 10, 2014 5:30:00 PM
The UCL Institute of the Americas is a hub for world-leading research in several fields of scholarship, including Politics, International Relations, History, Environmental Studies, Human Rights, Development, Economics and Social Policy. Research undertaken by members of staff, associates, visiting fellows, and research students spans the whole of the American continent.
The research community at UCL-IA is focused on producing ground-breaking research at the forefront of several academic disciplines while contributing to the development of interdisciplinary and transnational approaches to the study of the Americas. It is also actively engaged in research at the interface of scholarship and policy, engaging a broad range of stakeholders, including government, NGOs, communications media, and civil society, in the UK, the Americas, and beyond. UCL-IA Fellows actively participate in a variety of activities by contributing to the Institute’s events, research and teaching programmes. See who our current fellows are.
How to apply:
Applications should consist of:
- a completed application form
- a cover letter outlining the scope of proposed research project to be undertaken while at UCL-IA. This should indicate how your research will contribute to the Institute (such as workshops, publications or seminars that will result from your work) and why being located in Central London will further this work.
- a copy of your CV (2 pages maximum)
- two referee reports
NOTE: If you have or are applying for funding from another source or are applying unfunded then upon approval of your application with the Institute, you will be conferred Affiliate Academic status by UCL. The current fee for 2013/14 is £4,400 per annum, pro-rata. This is for access to UCL and Institute facilities, such as the library, photocopying, use of space and other resources. A further bench fee may also be applicable. Funded opportunities from the Institute are detailed below.
Applications should be emailed to the Institute Administrative Manager, Mrs Abi Espie (email@example.com) and can be made at any time of the year unless you are applying for an award listed below, in which case specific details are given. Standard applications will be considered by the Institute’s Academic Staff Committee, which meets regularly.