Acquire or enhance business-related skills at London Business School.
Take entrepreneurial electives at the world-renowned London Business School
Applications are invited from UCL faculty, staff, PhD and EngD students for places on electives at London Business School. These electives offer members of UCL the opportunity to acquire or enhance business-related skills while working alongside MBA students at the School.
London Business School is one of the top business schools in Europe, with worldclass teaching, research and facilities. With a focus on impact, relevance and originality, LBS provides teaching that challenges, stimulates and is built on a robust research base and world-renowned faculty. LBS’ postgraduate student body consists of successful businesspeople drawn from a wide variety of age, nationality, industry and sector. UCL faculty, staff, PhD and EngD students are invited to apply for places on electives at London Business School, giving them an ideal opportunity to gain or enhance their business-related skills while working alongside the School’s MBA students.
So far, more than 600 participants from UCL have taken electives at London Business School. The majority have achieved outstanding results, often despite having no prior business experience.
UCL Advances is looking for candidates who show an aptitude for and interest in:
- commercialisation of research and/or
- working collaboratively with businesses on research projects, and/or teaching enterprise skills within their departments
- participate fully in all elective activities, including assessments
- allocate sufficient time to the elective (which might in some instances may be as much as 90 hours in addition to lecture time)
- allow UCL Advances to use their grades for monitoring purposes
- attend the UCL workshop Finance and Value Creation
- during your time at UCL, you can apply for a maximum of four electives, but you can only participate in one elective per term.
- students who have taken an LBS elective previously, and have not successfully completed it, are not eligible to apply
- all places on London Business School electives are subject to availability and approval from UCL Advances.