Giving UCL staff a chance to promote engagement in knowledge transfer through secondments.
Got great research to share? Promote your engagement in knowledge transfer through a UCL Enterprise Secondment Award.
Enterprise Secondment Awards support UCL staff who wish to promote their engagement in knowledge transfer through secondments with companies, social enterprises, charities and other non-academic organisations.
Who is eligible for a Secondment Award?
It depends on your project: priority is given to identifiable impact or the building of longer-term research partnerships.
Impact is monitored via identifiable and measured outcomes such as new jobs, public engagement, scientific dissemination and follow-on activity, e.g. business start-ups and/or new collaborations with clear potential for IP development or development of longer-term research partnerships. Prospective benefits to all project stakeholders (e.g. secondee, UCL, external partner) will all be considered.
- Projects should have a clear knowledge transfer focus
- Project partners must have a UK-based research presence
- Secondments should have underpinning research in the EPSRC remit.
- Projects should demonstrate measurable impact for all partners, and should attract either direct or in kind contributions from the external partner
- Projects should be no more than £50k for 1-6 months’ work.
- Secondments to other HEIs or other educational establishments are not eligible
- Applicants should seek approval and support from their Head of Department before they apply.
- Secondees must be PhD level or above.
For more information download the related documents below and email email@example.com if you need any further advice.