1 in 4 students have ideas for apps, but few have the means of transforming them into reality
9 August 2012
We are pleased to announce the results of the first ever UCL MOBILE LAUNCHER, a unique programme developed by UCL Advances, Capital Enterprise and APPTUAL.COM to help founders get their mobile app ideas to an investment ready stage.
The programme comprises of 3 workshops designed to help founders get from idea to prototype in just 10 weeks and is hosted on APPTUAL.COM, a collaborative innovation platform designed to
- Give founders the space to
develop their business ideas individually or within a team.
- Grow a community of supporters to help improve their idea and take it to the next level.
We are delighted that 3 winning ideas from our recent programme have been given the funds and technical support to build their app prototypes and will go on to launch their business pilot in September. These are
- ACTIVE CONNECTION (HEALTH) – an app that
helps people with sporting interests find people who share their interest and
book convenient times at local facilities to play their sport.
- RESEED (SUSTAINABILITY) – a social app
designed to help people switch from paper receipts to electronic receipts and
use the saving towards building trees.
- INCENTIVISE (HEALTH) – an app designed to let people share their health and fitness goals and receive tailored discounts from local vendors and businesses to incentivise and help them to achieve their goals.
The final winner to be announced in September will be awarded free places at THE MOBILE ACADEMY
Please join us in congratulating the winning teams and don’t miss out on the next UCL MOBILE LAUNCHER event for your chance to get your idea all the way to investment readiness!
NOTE: APPTUAL.COM is going through round of development and imagination and will relaunch end Aug 2012 with even more exciting support for founding teams so watch this space.