Improving decision-making in support of our core academic mission.
The Data and Insight (D&I) Service supports UCL's academic mission by enabling staff to make decisions which are based on evidence. The service does this by:
- Visually representing complex data in engaging ways.
- Providing easy access to up to date management information.
- Providing a single source of truth for the data.
The D&I service is supported by the UCL Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW) and Tableau analytical and data visualisation software.
The dashboards we currently offer can be found in the Data & Insight - Dashboards section.
The dashboards we are developing can be found in the UCL Data & Insight Pipeline.
The Data and Insight team also offers a range of services which are set out below:
1. Consultancy (analytical and data preparation)
The D&I team can offer advice, practical guidance and hands-on support for a range of analytical tasks such as:
- Best-practice for reporting and visualisation
- Analytical work to support decisions
- Sector benchmarking
- Tableau and Alteryx knowhow problems
- Tableau training via our Tableau provider (free and paid options available)
- Assisted Tableau development for Customer Insight Group (CIG)-approved Tableau projects
- Training and demonstrations of our dashboards
3. Heidi Plus
We are UCL’s lead users of the Heidi Plus service. We can help
- Provide access to Heidi Plus
- Provide training in Heidi Plus development and data discovery
- Identify dashboards to help with benchmarking
- Produce data and analyses using Heidi Plus data