Portman Square (Middlesex)
Built 1st Jan 1775
Townhouse at No. 20 Portman Square commissioned initially in 1773 from James Wyatt by Elizabeth Countess of Home, who replaced Wyatt with Robert Adam in 1775. The house is now a private members' club.
Lesley Lewis, 'Elizabeth, Countess of Home, and Her House in Portman Square' The Burlington Magazine Vol. 109, No. 773 (Aug., 1967), pp. 443-451+453.