Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1724
Owner of a sugar estate in St Thomas-in-the-East, Jamaica. Deceased by 1724.
- Thomas Cardiff of St Thomas-in-the-East, planter. Estate probated in Jamaica in 1724. Slave-ownership at probate: 76 of whom 44 were listed as male and 32 as female. 21 were listed as boys, girls or children. Total value of estate at probate: £3029.5 Jamaican currency of which £2122.5 currency was the value of enslaved people. Estate valuation included £0 currency cash, £0 currency debts and £18 currency plate.
- Trevor Burnard, Database of Jamaican inventories, 1674-1784.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1740 [EA] - 1742 [LA] → Previous owner