Commercial Legacy Details
Clearly associated with his brothers in J., T. & A. Douglas but no evidencde to date that he was a partner in the firm.
- Founded by sons of John Douglas and brothers of Cecilia Douglas (q.v.)
- Branch in Berbice, Douglas, Reid & Co.
- Glasgow 3/3/1815 Alexander Falconer ceased to be a partner in the company undertaken for some years past by the subscribers (as sole partners) under the firm of John Thomas and Archibald Douglas in Glasgow, Douglas, Reid & Company of Demerary and Berbice and for some time at Liverpool as Douglas M'Intyre and then as Colin Douglas and Company; and also that by the decease of James Reid, a late partner, in December 1810, his heirs and representatives have had no part in the company since April 30 of that year. Subscribers were John Douglas, Thos. D. Douglas, Archibald Douglas, A. Falconer, John Douglas as attorney of John Douglas and A.Falconer for himself and for William Morrison, executors of James Reid.
- John Guthrie Smith and John Oswald Mitchell, 'Old country houses of the old Glasgow gentry', LXXIX Orbiston House http://gdl.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/smihou/smihou079.htm accessed 20/04/2011
- London Gazette 16731 18/5/1813 p. 974
- London Gazette 17001 8/4/1815 p. 662