What if… our main objective in education was to build wisdom?
10 January 2019, 5:45 pm–7:00 pm
The question of whether the school curriculum should focus on knowledge or skills is the debate in education that just won’t go away, and is one that is often over-simplified, based in factionalism, caricatures and false-dichotomies.
Jeffery HallUCL Institute of Education20 Bedford WayLondonWC1H 0AL
Watch this debate again
- Peter Hyman, Co-Director of Big Education and Co-founder of School 21
- David Lambert, Professor of Geography Education, UCL Institute of Education
- Cat Scutt, Director of Education and Research, Chartered College of Teaching
- Tony Sewell, CEO, Generating Genius
- Chair: Professor Becky Francis, Director, UCL Institute of Education
Join the conversation on Twitter at #IOEDebates.