Valuing Higher Education: An appreciation of the work of Gareth Williams and CHES
2:00 pm to 5:30 pm, 15 November 2016
Nunn Hall, UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
This event marks 30 years of the Centre for Higher Education Studies (CHES) and brings together higher education academics from UCL Institute of Education and beyond to appreciate and discuss the work of Gareth Williams, Emeritus Professor at CHES.
- Welcome and Introductions: Dr Paul Temple, UCL Institute of Education
- Opening Remarks: Baroness Tessa Blackstone
- A Will to Connect: Professor Ron Barnett, UCL Institute of Education
- Higher Education and the Knowledge Economy: Professor Sir Peter Scott, UCL Institute of Education
- Performance Indicators and Rankings in Higher Education: Professor Jill Johnes, University of Huddersfield
- The 'Outside in' as against the 'inside out' thesis of policy making in British higher education revisited: the role of H M Treasury: Professor Michael Shattock, UCL Institute of Education
- Response and concluding remarks: Professor Gareth Williams, UCL Institute of Education
This event is open to those involved in higher education.
There is no booking fee, but places are limited.
Contact: Alison Peacock to book a place - email@example.com