Researching factors affecting children's outcomes and how best support parents and professionals.
Individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) often need support to allow them to reach their full potential. However, it is not always clear how professionals can best support their needs in the classroom, or how parents can best support their child at home.
Our research focuses on:
- Cognitive and environmental factors that affect educational outcomes in individuals with SEND
- How professionals and parents can best support individuals with SEND in the classroom and at home
- How policy impacts on educational outcomes for individuals with SEND.
Guidance for parents and professionals
- Williams syndrome and Education, Health and Care Plans: a guide for parents (PDF)
- Guidance for the inclusion of students with Special Educational Needs for online learning (PDF)