Sounds of Roman Egypt
13:00 - 17:00
Closed 22 Dec 2018 - 1 Jan 2019 and 17 Apr - 22 Apr 2019
The UCL Petrie Museum has one of the largest and best-documented collections of Roman artefacts in the UK, including musical instruments that are too fragile to be played today.
For this exhibition, researchers used laser scanning and computer modelling to create 3D printed replicas of the original objects in the Petrie collection, and made recordings of the instruments to reveal sounds not heard for hundreds of years.
Come and see the original artefacts, listen to these recordings and have a go at playing these models yourself at one of our special events throughout the exhibition.
Free workshops and performances
- Exhibition public opening: Monday 21 Jan 2019 18:00-20:00 (RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Public workshop: Wednesday 30 Jan 14:00-16:00 (drop-in)
- Family workshop: Tuesday 19 Feb 2019, 14:00 -16:00 (drop-in)
- Public Workshop: Thursday 14 Mar 2019, 14:00-16:00(drop-in)
- Family Workshop: Tuesday 9 Apr 2019, 14:00-16:00 (drop-in)