Bloomsbury Theatre visitor COVID FAQ
NOTE: (29/12/22) Due to a technical issue we will not be able to supply air handling as stated below. We hope and expect this to be resolved early in the new year.
Please check back shortly before your visit as these details may change in the future as regulations and guidance are updated. (updated 29th December 2022)
- What measures do you have in place?
- We have ensured our air flow and ventilation is operating at above the rate suggested by the World Health Organisation.
- Anyone with positive symptoms should not travel to the venue. In this instance an exchange of dates or refund will be offered, where possible.
- Visitors are advised to wear a face covering when entering, moving around and seated in the venue. Exceptions to this are; those medically exempt, children under 12 years of age, and while consuming food or drink.
- All staff will be masked and will adhere to strict cleaning and distancing guidelines.
- Staff will be cleaning door handles/stair rails/toilets before and during each performance.
- Instead of paper tickets, customers can show us their booking on their phone, or on a print out.
- There will be no latecomers admitted.
- What happens on the day?
Staff and signs will tell you where to go as you enter the building.
- What happens if the show cannot go ahead?
Obviously it is possible that further local lockdowns may occur. We adhere very strictly to all guidelines and will remain responsive to necessary changes in practice.
In the event of a show being cancelled or postponed, you will be contacted via email at the earliest opportunity. Please ensure we have your current contact details on file. Please ensure we have an up-to-date phone number if you do not have an email address.
- I have a booking but I feel unwell/have tested positive/my household member has tested positive, what should I do?
Email or call us and we will offer an exchange of dates or refund when possible.
We ask anyone with symptoms, has tested positive or anyone who has been exposed to someone who has tested positive to please not attend the theatre.
- Do you have a cloakroom?
There is no cloakroom at the Bloomsbury Theatre, and we request that visitors bring minimal possessions.
- Do you provide booster seats?
Due to Covid protocols we are unable to provide booster seats at present.
Please feel free to bring a cushion from home if your little one needs a boost.
- Do I have to wear a mask?
All visitors are advised to wear a face covering when entering, moving around and seated in the venue. Exceptions to this are; children under the age of 12 years, those medically exempt, and when consuming food or drink.
Staff will wear face coverings.
We also kindly request that you wear a mask (where able) when engaging with staff.
- I have another question
That’s grand. Let us know on email@example.com and a member of staff will respond to you within at least 3 working days, but normally sooner.