Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- IoE Merger Information
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Academic Services is responsible for policy and operations relating to institutional governance, academic organisation and governance, committee operations, quality management and enhancement strategy and processes, research governance, and senior academic staff appointments.
The office is also responsible for:
- advising on the interpretation of UCL’s instruments of government, including the Charter and Statutes
- acting as the secretariat for UCL’s formal committees
- overseeing the academic governance framework, including maintenance of the Academic Regulations, the register of UCL’s collaborative agreements, and the procedures for programme and module approval
- supporting the implementation of UCL’s research governance framework, including the investigation of allegations of research misconduct
- external and internal quality management and enhancement policies and processes
- providing a statistical service and other information derived from student data for internal and external purposes, and submitting statutory returns
- appointments of Chairs and Readerships
For further details about specific staff roles and responsibilities within the department, please see our staff listings.
Latest Updates: Academic Regulations 2015-16
We are working to build a more ‘user-friendly’ set of webpages which will be published in September. In the interim period, the latest version of the documents approved by Education and Research Degrees Committees are provided here for Faculties and Departments to refer to. These documents are approved but are provisional and not the final version.
- Academic Services Newsletter July 2015
- Quality Review Framework 2015-16
- Template for recording Department's responses to External Examiners' reports 2015-16
- Qualifications and Credit Framework 2015-16
- Extenuating Circumstances Regulations 2015-16
- Academic Partnerships Framework 2015-16 [accessible to UCL staff only]
Academic Services co-ordinate the process for recruitment and selection of candidates for appointment to established Chairs and Readerships at UCL.
Academic Services oversees the nominations process for award of UCL Honorary Degrees and Honorary Fellowships. Further information on the process can be found here.
Student Data Services co-ordinates the production, analysis and return of student related statutory returns and internal management information relating to the student body of UCL.
Contact detailsAcademic Services Student and Registry Services University College London Floor 9, 1-19 Torrington Place London WC1E 7HB
Page editors: Rachel Port (firstname.lastname@example.org)