In an effort to improve public crime mapping, we are conducting a research study with people who are based in the UK. By completing our online survey you have a chance to win two £25 Amazon vouchers. More...
Published: Dec 6, 2012 8:14:34 AM
The SpaceTimeLab launch event will be held at UCL on 30th October 2012. To mark the occasion, Prof. Michael Goodchild (UC Santa Barbara) will be giving a special keynote talk on Geographic Intelligence. This is a great opportunity to hear from one of the leading figures in GIScience and is not to be missed! More...
Published: Oct 23, 2012 10:25:54 AM
James is a PhD student working on the STANDARD project. His background is in geography and GIS, and his research focuses on space-time modelling and forecasting of spatial and network data. He has a keen interest in machine learning techniques, particularly kernel based methods, and has used them to forecast travel times on London’s road network. His recent work involves quantifying the space-time dependencies in standardized travel times in order to gain insights into the spread of congestion during non-recurrent events.
- Haworth, J., Cheng, T., Nonparametric regression for space-time forecasting under missing data. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems UK: [Accepted]
- Tsapakis, I., Schneider, W.H., Nichols, A.P., Haworth, J. Alternatives in assigning short-term counts to seasonal adjustment factor groupings. Journal of Advanced Transportation. DOI: 10.1002/atr.1186
- Bolbol, A., Cheng, T., Tsapakis, I., Haworth, J. Variable selection for travel mode inference from GPS data using a moving window SVM classification. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems UK: [Accepted]
- Cheng, T., Haworth, J., Wang, J. Spatio-temporal autocorrelation of road network data. Journal of Geographical Systems. DOI: 10.1007/s10109-011-0149-5
- Haworth, J., Cheng, T., Shawe-Taylor, J. Kernel Regression for Traffic Prediction Under Missing Data, . Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Geocomputation (2011), July 20-22, London. pp. 280-284.
- Cheng, T., Wang, J., Haworth, J., Heydecker, B., Chow, A. Modelling dynamic space-time autocorrelations of urban transport network. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Geocomputation (2011), July 20-22, London. pp. 215-220.
- Bolbol, A., Cheng, T., Haworth, J. Using a moving window SVM classification to infer travel mode from GPS data. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on GeoComputation. pp.262-270.
- Wang, J. Q., Cheng, T., Haworth, J.Space-time kernels. in The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. 38, Part II. pp. 57-62
Page last modified on 26 oct 12 13:07