This new MSc teaches the foundations of GIS, database, spatial analysis, data mining and analytics. Students will be able to analyse, represent and model large and complex spatio-temporal datasets.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of three core modules (45 credits), five optional modules (75 credits) and a dissertation/report (60 credits).
A Postgraduate Diploma, consisting of three core modules (45 credits) and five optional modules (75 credits), studied full-time over nine months, is also offered.
Please note, all choices are subject to space on modules, timetabling constraints and the approval of the relevant Module Tutor, and the Programme Director.
Choose two options from the following:
- Spatial Databases and Data Management (CEGE0052)
- Introductory Programming (COMP0066)
- Supervised Learning (COMP0078)
- Complex Networks and Web (COMP0123)
Choose three options from the following:
- Web and Mobile GIS - Apps and Programming (CEGE0043)
- Sensors and Location (CEGE0095)
- Applied Machine Learning (COMP0081)
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining (COMP0084)
- Mining Social Geographic Mindsets
Dissertation / report
All students undertake an independent research project which culminates in a dissertation of 15,000 words.