- Other events
- Recent events
- Publication of a special journal edition on Social Values and Health Priority Setting
- Research visit to Thailand
- ‘How can we set priorities in health fairly?’ UCL conference
- Health Technology Assessment international conference
- Social values and health priority setting in the media
- Social Values Project featured in health consultancy blog
Contact usDr Sarah Clark
ESRC Research Associate
University College London
School of Public Policy
The Rubin Building
29/30 Tavistock Square
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 825916
Fax: +44 (0)20 7679 4969
How to find us
Research visit to Thailand
15 June 2012
Sarah Clark, one of the UK researchers in the network, recently attended the first HTA AsiaLink conference in Cha-Am, Thailand.
The conference was the first regional meeting of the newly formed AsiaLink network and was attended by delegates from Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, Malaysia, and Taiwan as well as from the US, UK and Australia. It brought together policy makers and researchers working on health technology assessment in a range of country and institutional contexts, and demonstrated the very different stages of development of HTA processes in different countries, as well as the wide variety of approaches to how social values are taken into account in those processes.
The conference was followed by a visit to colleagues at HITAP (Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program) in Bangkok, where the researcher worked together with HITAP investigators on a series of case studies of HTA assessments which will be available soon on the new case catalogue section of this website.
Page last modified on 15 jun 12 14:25