Welcome to UCL Philosophy
The teaching of Philosophy at UCL began in 1830 and our Philosophy department has remained at the heart of the founding principles of inclusivity and diversity since its inception in 1826. We regularly welcome study abroad students into the department and we pride ourselves on our supportive learning environment.
We offer a range of courses across political and moral philosophy, epistemology, metaphysics and much more. Our courses equip students with the tools and skills needed to challenge, analyse and present complex ideas and problems, whether this be the distinction between right and wrong, questions of the state, liberty and law, or ethics, logic and the nature of knowledge and belief.
As a study abroad student you will:
- Study alongside regular UCL and international students, benefiting from UCL's world-class teaching system and renowned academics.
- Have the flexibility to take courses across a range of UCL subjects and departments, tailoring your course to your own particular interests in this area.
- Have access to your own academic tutor (known as an ‘Affiliate Tutor’).
- Be encouraged to integrate into UCL student life, with access to events, societies and clubs both within your department and across UCL as a whole.
- As a student in the philosophy department, you will be able to attend the meetings of the Royal Institute of Philosophy, the Aristotelian Society and the University of London’s Institute of Philosophy, all of which are held nearby in central London.
- UCL Study Abroad Pages (admission, term dates, fees and application forms)
- Study Abroad Guide (information on UCL's study abroad programme)
- Philosophy Courses (current course listing for this academic year)
If you are looking to study in the Philosophy department as an Erasmus student, you will need to check an Erasmus agreement is in place with your institution and apply via this route.
We look forward to welcoming you at UCL Philosophy!
You can contact the department at: email@example.com.
Page last modified on 01 oct 14 10:42