Most Popular Pages
- Quantum information can be negative: an accessible description of my paper with Horodecki and Winter in Nature
- Copyright transfer and physics journals: the American Physical Societ has accepted our proposal to allow authors to freely make available parts of their work.
- Administration Free Thursdays: every Thursday, no grant proposals, no fellowship applications, no reports, no booking of speakers or claiming of expenses. We just do physics.
- Quantum Time: my Ph.D. thesis has many cartoons drawn by the infamous French Situationist, Victoria Scott.
- Email: j.oppenheim (at) ucl.ac.uk
- Office: B18
- Address: Department of Physics and Astronomy, University College London, Gower Street, London - WC1E 6BT U.K.
Teaching and Students
- Information for PHAS2222
- If you're interested in a PhD position, I currently have an "It from Qubit" studentship in quantum gravity and quantum information for students who wish to spend a term with another "It from Qubit" PI. For research in quantum information, thermodynamics or foundations, you should apply directly to the AMOPP group and email me to tell me that you've done so. See here for more information. If you are not from the U.K. or E.U. you should apply for international funding, so make sure to apply early. Another possibility is to apply to UCL's Quantum Center for Doctoral Training
- Words of advice to a young mathematician