UCL Christmas and New Year mail arrangements
15 November 2012
The latest dates that mail can be accepted into the UCL Post Room for intended delivery to addressees prior to Christmas are:
- Wednesday 5 December – Asia, Far East (inc. Japan) New Zealand and Australia.
- Friday 7 December - South & Central America, Caribbean, Africa, Middle East,
- Monday 10 December - USA, Canada and Eastern Europe.
- Wednesday 12 December - Western Europe
- BFPO parcels can be posted free of charge via the UCL Mail Service.
- Friday 30 November - British Forces Post Office (Operational)
- Friday 14 December - British Forces Post Office (Non – Operational or Static)
- Tuesday 18 December - Second Class
- Thursday 20 December - First Class
- Friday 21 December - Special Deliveries
UCL Mail Services will close at 4pm on Friday 21 December and re-open at 7am on Tuesday 2 January. There will be no access to the UCL Post Room between these dates. The last collection of departmental post will take place between 12pm and 1.30pm on Friday 21 December to ensure dispatch on the last working day.
UCL Mail Services will accept bulk mailings up to and including Tuesday 18 December. After this date no bulk mailings will be accepted without prior consultation with the Mail Services Manager (Steve Shine ext. 41911, firstname.lastname@example.org).
In common with previous years the UCL Post Room expect a very substantial amount of additional mail in the pre-Christmas period as Departments clear their desks for the seasonal break, creating an increase in demand on the postal service.
We would appreciate your co-operation in observing the deadlines set by Royal Mail and assist us by posting early for Christmas.
Let me please remind all staff that UCL's mail service is not to be used for personal mail and parcels. The UCL Post Room will not frank or dispatch personal items and any suspected abuse of the service will be investigated.
We would also like to remind all staff of the Royal Mail method of charging for postage ('Pricing in Proportion') and ask, where possible, for all A4 size items of mail to be folded into smaller envelopes.
May we take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year.
Steve Shine, Mail
Services Manager, UCL Estates