UCL news podcast: 1–7 November
7 November 2008
Drinking during pregnancy, space science storytelling, Federico Garcia Lorca, the inability to recognise voices and UCL’s work with London sixth-formers are discussed in this week’s UCL news audio podcast, now live on iTunes U.
The podcast covers:
- Dr Yvonne Kelly (UCL Epidemiology & Public Health) on her research into the relationship between drinking during pregnancy and children’s behavioural or cognitive problems
- UCL celebrating nearly ten years of partnership with City & Islington Sixth Form College
- UCL Space Science and Climate Physics’ ‘Satellite Stories’ day – the university’s first event as London’s Beacon for public engagement
- Students Emily Morrison (UCL English) and Louie Corpe (UCL Mathematics) on their upcoming production of Lorca’s ‘Blood Wedding’ in the UCL Bloomsbury Theatre
- Research led by Dr Brad Duchaine (UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience) into phonagnosia – the inability to recognise voices.
The podcast is approximately 10 minutes long. You can listen through your computer or mp3 player via iTunes U.
All UCL weekly news roundup podcasts are available at UCL’s presence on iTunes U, in the News and Events section.
You can also access the feed in mp3 format and memorise it via RSS, so that you are alerted to each new UCL podcast as it becomes available.
To download the software, and experience more UCL lectures, films and discussions on iTunes U, follow the links at the top of this item.
Image: publicity for next week’s student production of Lorca’s ‘Blood Wedding’ in the UCL Bloomsbury Theatre