UCL staff recognised in New Year Honours 2016
6 January 2016
Congratulations to the members of the UCL community who have been recognised in the 2016 New Year Honours list.
Current UCL staff with honours conferred this year are:
- Professor Georgina Mace (UCL Genetics, Evolution & Environment and Director of the UCL Centre for Biodiversity & Environment Research) – DBE for services to science.
- Professor Henrietta Moore (Director, UCL Institute for Global Prosperity) – DBE for services to social sciences.
- Dr Michael Jacobs (UCL Infection & Immunity) – Knights Bachelor for services to the Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases.
- Professor Wendy Carlin (UCL Economics) – CBE for services to economics and public finance.
- Dr Sue Black (UCL Computer Science) – OBE for services to technology.
- Dr Daniel Martin (Director, UCL Centre for Altitude, Space & Extreme Environment Medicine) – OBE for services to the prevention of infectious diseases.
Emeritus, Visiting and former staff with honours conferred are:
- Professor Phyllida Barlow (Emeritus Professor UCL Slade School of Fine Art, UCL PDIP 1966 and Honorary Fellow) – CBE for services to Art.
- Elizabeth Jamieson (Lately Head of Student Dyslexia Services at UCL) – MBE for services to students with dyslexia and dyspraxia in UK Higher Education.
UCL alumni, fellows, honorary degree holders and donors represented in this year’s list include:
- Linda Homer (UCL LLB 1978, former UCL staff member) – DBE for public service particularly to public finance.
- Professor David Compston (UCL MBBS 1971) – CBE for services to Multiple Sclerosis Treatment.
- Edward Davis (UCL GCERT 2007) – OBE for services to Ebola crisis response in West Africa.
- Daniel Peltz (Trustee, UCL Institute of Jewish Studies) – OBE for philanthropic and charitable services.
- Dr Alan Wilson (UCL MSc Pharmacy, 1981) – OBE for services to the quality and safety of healthcare in wales.
- Alice Lester (UCL MPhil Town Planning 1986) – MBE for services to planning.
- Anne Seymour (UCL MBBS 1959) – MBE for services to asylum seekers and refugees in South Tyneside.