- Biomedical Optics Research Laboratory Centre for Medical Image Computation Continence and Skin Technology Group Electrical Impedance Tomography Implanted Devices Magnetic Resonance Imaging Quantitative Medical Imaging Radiation Physics Biomedical Ultrasound
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
Past projects we have worked on include:
- an implanted nerve root stimulator which is in clinical trials
- the development of FES cycling systems using surface systems for patients with both complete and incomplete spinal lesions. As featured on “Tomorrow’s World” on BBC1. More information on the principle of FES cycling here.
- development of a conditional stimulator system for incontinence
- investigations into the use of physiological signals (EMG or ENG) for control of stimulation.
- the development of closed-loop control of standing in paraplegics
- a study of endogenous spinal activity in patients with spinal lesions
Past student projects:
- Understanding the effect of surface roughness on electrode impedance
- History of Electrotherapy
- Electrolytic pump to keep packages dry
- Development of a Portable impedance analyser
- An Implantable Movement Sensor. Link to PDF.
- Automated data logging and temperature control for thick-film process analysis. Link to PDF.
- Investigation of a device for measuring the volume of urine loss in incontinent people
- Electrical nerve stimulation: designing, producing and testing a portable stimulator. Link to PDF.
- Silicone Encapsulation and the Effect of Primer, Dye and Width of Gap between Conductors, on performance. Link to PDF.