UCL Medical Physics and Bioengineering
- General teaching pages
- Adam's homepage
- Jem's Homepage
- Prospective Students
- UCLH Department
- Careers in Medical Physics and Bioengineering
- International Links
- Optical Topography
- How to Apply
- Open Day
- 4D neonatal head model
Search Medical Physics
UCL Centre for Space Medicine
Introduction and resources
Introduction to biomedical optics
A series of articles on the basics of biomedical optics written by members of BORL, and a list of relevant review articles.
- Near-infrared imaging
- Near-infrared spectroscopy
- Optical tomography
- Review papers and other useful references
Some optical data which has been
collected and published. Spectra of different skin types, water,
haemoglobin and cytochrome are available.
Some downloadable software which has been developed by members of BORL.
- Image reconstruction (TOAST)
- The BRAINCIRC modelling environment
- Functional optical signal analysis (fOSA) software
- k-Wave: A Matlab toolbox for the time-domain simulation of acoustic wave fields
We have developed a wide
range of solid, liquid and gel phantoms with optical, MR, x-ray and
elasticity contrast. Please see below, or contact us for details.