- The perfect storm: Can disaster reduction occur in the face of climate change and population growth?
- Voicing Slavery: Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Mary Prince
- Osteoporosis: Bouncing babies to crumbling wrinklies - the need to own our bones
- What has the King’s Speech done to improve public awareness about stuttering?
- Photons, spacecraft, atomic clocks and Einstein – fundamental physics in the space environment
- London: the divorce capital of the world. ‘Big money’ divorce cases: fairness, gender and judicial discretion
- When technology design provokes errors
- Prometheus and I: building new body parts from stem cells
- Against nature? Homosexuality and evolution
- Child development in developing countries
- Did Democracy Cause the American Civil War?
- The highs and lows of our nearest star, the Sun
- From pathogen to ally: engineering viruses to treat disease
- Designing for students
- The price of the pouch: the evolutionary ramifications of mammalian reproductive strategies
Download Lunch Hour Lectures
to your mobile device
from 7 days after the live event
at iTunes U.
Designing for students
12 December 2011
Tuesday 6 December 2011
Professor Sir Peter Cook (UCL Bartlett School of Architecture)
Sir Peter Cook and his CRAB STUDIO have two new University buildings under construction : in Austria and Australia. He designs from the experience of more than 40 years' teaching and weaves 'stories'; in and out of the designs. The title can also be read as designing the curriculum...which he sees as being very similar to designing a building. The lecture is illustrated by drawings and cartoons.
Page last modified on 12 dec 11 16:19