John Wood Nelson
Profile & Legacies Summary
1770 - 1844
Claimant or beneficiary
Son of John and Mary Nelson, partner in Nelson & Adam (q.v.) and father of John Henry Nelson (q.v.).
- John Wood Nelson baptised 31/10/1770 ('born 1st inst.') at St Marylebone, son of John and Mary. Married Mary Porter 24/11/1798 at St Mary Rotherhithe. Will of John Wood Nelson merchant of St Pancras proved 12/12/1844.
- Ancestry.com, London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 [database online]; Ancestry.com, London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 [database online]; PROB 11/2009. Baptisms of two children at St Pancras from Ancestry.com, London, England, Births, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 [database online]. There is no apparent entry for John Henry Nelson but John Henry Nelson's probate identifies Charles Charnock Nelson as his brother.
Mary Ann (1804-), Charles Charnock (1808-), John Henry
Associated Claims (3)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [SY] - 1834 [EY] → Mortgage Holder
Savage Gardens, City of London, Middlesex, London, England