Jesse Curling of Bermondsey
Profile & Legacies Summary
1774 - 1854
Claimant or beneficiary
Jesse Curling of Bermondsey, executor with Charles Armstrong of London and William Barth of Great Yarmouth, of the will of Samuel Jeffries (q.v.) (dated 8 Dec. 1819).
- Jesse Curling was shown as as shipbuilder with George Frederick Young in succession c. 1820 to Robert Curling and William Young. The 1851 census shows Jesse Curling head b. 1774 Rotherhithe, Magistrate with sons Jesse Curling b. 1801; Wm Curling b. 1804 etc. Curling and Young were also partners in the Anchor and Shipsmith firm of Hayman, White of Poplar with John Hayman (q.v.).
WHL/134 24 Sept 1852 Archive of Whitley Hughes and Luscombe of East Grinstead.
- Victoria County History Survey of London, Vol. 43 & 44 for Limehouse Hole pp. 388-397; 1851 census online.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1820 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Trustee and Executor