Developmental Biology and Cancer Programme
Research in the Developmental Biology and Cancer (DBC) Programme aims to understand the fundamental mechanisms underlying childhood disease with a view to improving clinical care and promoting children's health.
Researchers within the DBC combine basic science research in the fields of embryonic development, stem cells, and cancer, with translational and first-in-patient studies.
The Programme is divided into three Sections:
- Developmental Biology of Birth Defects
- Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine
Further information about research ongoing in each of these Sections can be found by following the links below.
- Newlife Birth Defects Research Centre
- Centre for Translational Omics
- Confocal Microscopy facility
- Gene Array Core Facility
- Human Developmental Biology Resource
- Transgenics and Biological Services