|Discovery:||recognised, 1847 Windele, J.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 213, notes that the stone was first discovered in 1847 by Windele, and subsequently, 'having been first wrecked by treasure-seekers in 1848, was completely broken up for metal by road-makers some 40 years later'.|
OSullivan/1996, 57: `Windele...recorded that, several months before his visit to it in 1848, the standing stones had been undermined by `treasure-seekers' and toppled over the other...Brash visited the site in 1872, by which time...the ogham stone was damaged, and a large flake had been knocked off its inscribed angle'.
|Dimensions:||3.05 x 1.07 x 0.86 (converted from Brash/1879)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1848, missing 1888)|
|Location:||According to Macalister/1945, 213, this stone was completely destroyed by road-makers in this year.|
Macalister/1945, 213: `The monument having been first wrecked by treasure-seekers in 1848, was completely broken up for metal by road-makers some 40 years later'.
|Condition:||inc , inc|
Macalister/1945, 213: `The monument having first been wrecked by treasure-seekers in 1848, was completely broken up for metal by road-makers some 40 years later'.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1945):||ANMCRUNANMAQLUQIN|
ANM CRUNAN MAQ LUQIN
Macalister/1945 213 reading only
McManus/1991 96 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undivided|
|Date:||533 - 599 (McManus/1991)|
See McManus/1991, 80, 96--97.
500 - 700 (Ziegler/1994)
See Ziegler/1994, 157, 200.
Macalister/1945, 214, citing Windele and Brash, states that the lettering on the stone was `in the best condition and all quite distinct and well cut'.