|Place:||Penmachno||Grid Ref:||SH 790 506 (GB)|
|County:||Caernarvonshire (Caernarfon) , Wales||Saint(s):||Enclydwyn ; Tudclud|
RCAHMW/1956, 168--169: `Penmachno, formerly Pennant Machno, is a parish centred on the valley of the Afon Machno, one of the upper tributaries of the River Conway. The inscribed stones...show it was an important early Christian centre. The principal monuments are the large farmhouses, which are unusually numerous.
(610) The Parish church of St. Tudclud stands in the centre of the western part of the village of Penmachno, the angle formed by the junction of the rivers Glasgwm and Machno. Two churches originally stood in the churchyard, which accounts for its large size. The second church, dedicated to St. Enclydwyn, fell into ruin after the Reformation and has entirely disappeared. The present church was built in 1857'.
Macalister/1945, 369, notes that the old church was dismantled, at which point the stones were found.