|Place:||inc||Grid Ref:||SN 2500 3500 (GB)|
|County:||Pembrokeshire (Penfro) , Wales||Saint(s):||Clydai|
Westwood/1879, 122: `The churchyard of Clydey or Clydai, six miles to the south-west of Newcastle Emlyn'.
RCAHMW/1925, 74: `This church has been several times restored and renovated during the past half-century, so that few of its original features remain. It consists of chancel, nave, south aisle and west tower. The south aisle is known as Capel Mair. In the south wall of this aisle is an aumbry, 15 inches square; and in the north wall of the nave are the entrance and three of the stairs to the former roof loft; while in the south wall, by the side of a now closed door, is a stoup. The tower, a square of 17 feet 6 inches, is of two storeys, the ground floor being vaulted, and 4 feet below the level of the nave. The belfry originally opened into the nave by a pointed arch, now blocked. The battlements have been renewed. The font basin is set upon a modern base; it measures 22 inches by 20 inches, with a depth of 18 inches. It bears an ornament of similar design to that on one of the memorial stones at St. Dogmael's abbey. The fragments of stained glass noticed by Sir Stephen Glynne in 1860 have been removed'.