- Professional thin section petrographic and geochemical analysis of archaeological pottery, CBM, metallurgical ceramics, building stone, plaster and lithics, for the interpretation of provenance and craft technology.
- Prehistoric, Roman, Medieval, Post-Med and industrial artefacts analysed from UK and further afield.
- Geologically trained with 15 years experience in archaeological petrography.
- Analysis on single artefacts or larger projects as needed.
- Services include thin section preparation, petrographic analysis, microphotography and full interpretation.
- Petrographic Analysis of Ceramic Core Material of Bronze Birds from the Mausoleum of the First Emperor of China, Xi’an (2013/77)
- Petrographic and SEM-EDS Analysis of Historic Plaster from Radwani House, Doha, Qatar (2013/76)
- Petrographic Analysis of Middle Bronze Age Ceramics from Sproughton, Ipswich, UK (2013/75)
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from Stainton West, Carlisle, England (2013/74)
- Petrographic and SEM-EDS Analysis of Huntsman Steel-Making Crucibles from Tenter Street, Sheffield, England (2013/73)
For enquiries or to request a quote contact Patrick Quinn