lose frames | get frames | UCL pages | welcome | site-map
fonts | utilities | help | get started | what's new
--- Classical Greek Fonts and Utilities ---
-- About this site --
Last update: 5 June, 2003 - new fonts added. Antioch updated. For details see the What's New page.
Quick select: fonts -- utilities -- help getting started -- general help and FAQs
This site provides a resource for classicists, theologians, and anyone else who wishes to type Classical Greek into their PC (apologies to Mac users, who must look elsewhere). It contains a selection of Classical or polytonic Greek fonts (including a large number of Unicode fonts), various utilities to facilitate the process of typing Greek, and answers to a number of the common technical problems facing the twenty-first century Hellenist.
The site does not aim to provide a comprehensive selection of fonts and utilities - it contains just a few of the many available on the internet. If you feel there is a particular font or utility that should be included, then please email me.
The site can be viewed with or without frames (you can switch between the two by following the links at the top of each page, or you can use the following links to add frames or remove frames). If you are not using frames, you can navigate your way around the main pages of the site by following the links at the top of each page. If you are happy to use frames, you can also use the navigation bar which will be visible on the left.
Click on "Welcome" to return to this page at any time
- What's New - details the most recent changes to the site. Check here to see if new fonts have been added or utilities updated.
- The Basics - this contains important information about the kind of fonts available on the site, and discusses the various factors that may influence your choice of font. It deals with issues such as Unicode, and problems caused by the Euro and by Symbol fonts.
- Site Map - contains a list of all the pages on this site, for ease of navigation.
- Fonts - contains all the fonts available for download, together with samples of them at various different sizes.
- Utilities - contains various utilities to assist with typing Greek, such as Antioch, Son of WinGreek, my Word and WordPerfect Macros, and the original WinGreek package.
- Macros - contains more detailed information about the macros I have written for Word and WordPerfect, to ensure that you download the correct file for your version of Word / WP.
- File Archive - contains a list of all the files available from this site, for those who know exactly what they want.
- Help - with instructions on how to download the files, what to do with them once you have them on your computer, how to install fonts, and various frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the macros.
This particular page was last updated on June 5, 2003
If you have any comments or queries, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.