Recent RES, IFS, VoxEU, other Videos and Press
Some Recent Invited Lecture and Seminar Presentations Slides
* LAUNCH OF THE BUSINESS IN SOCIETY INEQUALITY PLATFORM, Invited Lecture, CBS, Copenhagen October 2nd 2018 THE DYNAMICS OF INCOME AND EARNINGS INEQUALITY
* Tony Atkinson Mermorial Conference Presentation, February 16 2018 Inequality and the Labour Market.
Nemmers Prize Short Course for Faculty and Graduate Students on "The Microeconometric Analysis of Consumption, Savings and Labor Supply." The course was held on Mondays, November 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017.
* What do We Learn From Strucural Models? American Economic Association Meetings, January 2017 link to slides ; American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings , 107(5), 287-292, May, 2017. link to paper;
I. Living Standards, Wages and Productivity (click for slides)
- Labour Markets and Inclusive Growth, Evidence to the LSE Growth Commission, LSE, November 2016.
- Human Capital, Inequality and Tax Reform, 2015 Coase Lecture, LSE, March 2015.
- Income Shocks, Assets and Labour Supply: Understanding Inequality Dynamics, MISOC Conference, Keynote Lecture, September 2014.
- What Has Been Driving Living Standards?, HM Treasury Presentation (slides), October 2013.
- Background paper: What can wages and employment tell us about the UK's productivity puzzle?, IFS Working Paper, WP13/11, June 2013.
- What Can Micro-Data Tell us About the UK's Productivity Puzzle?, Slide Presentation, June 2013.
II. Tax and Welfare-Benefit Policy Reform (click for slides):
See also Mirrlees Review website for open access books and launch presentations, http://www.ifs.org.uk/mirrleesReview
- Empirical Evidence and Tax Reform, MAE Distinguished Lecture, UCLA, February 2017.
- What do We Learn From Strucural Models?; forthcoming American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings , May, 2017. link to paper.
- Tax Reform, Labour Supply and Earnings Growth, ZEW Policy Lecture, September 2014, Mannheim.
- Empirical Evidence and Tax Reform, Keynote Lecture, XXI Encuentro de Economia Publica, Girona, January, 2014.
- Tax and Welfare Reform: Quo Vadis Europe?, Invited Lecture, CESIfo, Munich, November, 2013.
- Using Evidence to Improve the Tax System, Bank of Montreal Lecture, Vancouver, October, 2013.
- Taxation of Earnings and the Impact on Labor Supply and Human Capital, Empirical Foundations of Supply-Side Economics, BFI Invited Lecture, University of Chicago, September, 2013.
- The Role of Empirical Research in Policy Design, SAFE Inaugural Lecture, Goethe Universitat, September, 2013.
- Downing Lecture: University of Melbourne, July 2011, Link to the Insights Publication
- Microsimulation and Tax Reform: Lessons from the Mirrlees Review; Keynote Lecture, Recent Developments in Behavioural Microsimulation, ZEW Workshop, Mannhiem, December 2010
- Munich Lectures I: Overview, CESIfo, Munich, November 16th 2010
- Munich Lectures II: The Taxation of Earnings, CESIfo, Munich, November 17th 2010
- Munich Lectures III: The Taxation of Consumption and Savings, CESIfo, Munich, November 18th 2010
- Empirical Evidence and Earnings Taxation: Lessons from the Mirrlees Review, Harvard Slides, October 2010
- 'Employment, Hours of Work and the Optimal Taxation of Low Income Families', Richard Blundell and Andrew Shephard, November 2010
- The Taxation of Earnings, Invited Panel Session, World Congress of the Econometric Society, Shanghai, August 2010
- Empirical Evidence and Tax Design: Lessons from the Mirrlees Review, State of the Art Lecture, CEA Meetings, Quebec City, June 2010
- Empirical Evidence and Tax Design: Lessons from the Mirrlees Review, FBBVA JEEA-EEA Lecture, AEA Meetings, Atlanta, January 2010
III. Consumption Inequality and Income Dynamics (click for slides)
- Slide Presentation: Boston University Distinguished Lecture I April 2016; Income and Consumption Dynamics: Consumption Inequality and Partial Insurance.
- Slide Presentation: The Panel Data Dynamics of Earnings and Consumption: A Nonlinear Framework, Invited Lecture, 21st PANEL DATA CONFERENCE, CEU Budapest June 2015.
- Consumption Inequality and Family Labor Supply, Carlos Lloyd Braga Lecture, University of Minho, Braga, November 2013.
- Consumption Smoothing, Assets and Family Labour Supply, Invited Lecture, ECB, Frankfurt, October 2013.
- Consumption Inequality and Family Labor Supply, Departmental Lecture, April 2013.
- Income Dynamics and the Evolution of Life-Cycle Inequality: Mechanisms and Constroversies, Royal Economic Society, Presidential Lecture, April 2013.
- Background paper: Consumption Inequality and Family Labor Supply, NBER Working Paper 18445, October 2012.
- From Income to Consumption:The Distributional Dynamics of Inequality, Plenary Lecture, African Econometric Society, Abuja, July 2009
- The Distributional Dynamics of Income, Earnings and Consumption, JAE Lectures, CEMFI, Madrid, June 6-7 2008
- The Distributional Dynamics of Income and Consumption, Carlos Diaz Alejandro Lecture, LAMES, November 2008
- Earnings Inequality and Consumption Inequality, Al Rees Lecture, SOLE, Chicago, May 2007
- From Income to Consumption: Partial Insurance and the Transmission of Inequality, Presidential Address: Econometric Society 2006
- Consumption Inequality and Partial Insurance, AEA/ASSA Meetings, Chicago, January 2007
IV. Human Capital, Labour Supply and Welfare Reform (click for slides)
- Slide Presentation: Human Capital, Labour Supply and Tax Reform, Iaugural Dale Mortensen Lecture, SED, Warsaw, June 2015.
- Slide Presentation: Female Labour Supply, Human Capital and Welfare Reform, November, 2013.
- Background paper: Female Labour Supply, Human Capital and Welfare Reform, NBER Working Paper, WP 19007, May 2013.
V. Extensive and Intensive Margins of Labour Supply (click for slides)
- Labour Supply Responses and the Extensive Margin, Slides, January 2011
- Richard Blundell, Antoine Bozio and Guy Laroque, 2011a. "Labour Supply Responses and the Extensive Margin", paper for the AEA Meetings Denver, Micro vs. Macro Labor Supply Elasticities, published in American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings link
- Richard Blundell, Antoine Bozio and Guy Laroque, 2011b. "Extensive and Intensive Margins of Labour Supply: Working Hours in the US, UK and France", working paper IFS, March 2011, published in Fiscal Studies link
VI. Revealed Preference, Shape Restrictions and Consumer Behaviour (click for slides)
- Slide Presentation: Boston University Distinguished Lecture II April 2016; How Revealing is Revealed Preference.
- Prices vs Preferences: Taste Change and Tobacco Consumption, RES PhD Conference, January 2015
- Nonparametric Estimation of a Heterogeneous Demand Function Under the Slutsky Restriction, Boston, December 2013
- Muliple Goods, Consumer heterogeneity and Revealed Preference, ES/AEA Winter Meetings, Chicago, January 2012
- Stochastic Demand and Revealed Preference, November 2010
- How Revealing is Revealed Preference? The Stone Legacy and the Analysis of Consumer Behaviour, inaugural Sir Richard Stone Annual Lecture, Cambridge, March 2009