MuDiSc: Multi-Dimensional Scaling with Matlab and R
Vermeesch, P., 2013, Multi-sample comparison of detrital age distributions. Chemical Geology, v.341, 140-146. doi:10.1016/j.chemgeo.2013.01.010.
1. A user-friendly Matlab-GUI:
- MuDiSc.zip - a Matlab GUI to generate MDS and QQ plots of detrital age distributions.
- DZages.xls - example input file for MuDiSc containing the U-Pb dataset from China.
2. MDS (and more!) with the provenance package in R:
The DZages.Rdata dataset needed to run the example code in the Chemical Geology paper can be downloaded from the bottom of this page. However, for practical purposes, it is more convenient to use the newly released provenance package. In addition to ordinary Multidimensional Scaling of detrital zircon age distributions, this package performs a host of other tasks as well, including MDS/PCA analysis of compositional data such as heavy mineral counts, Procrustes Analysis and 3-way MDS, and data visualisation as Kernel Density Estimates, Cumulative Age Distributions, pie charts and ternary diagrams. For further details about this comprehensive toolbox, see http://provenance.london-geochron.com.
- DZages.Rdata - input data for the R code in the paper
- DZages.csv - .csv-file with the same data
- HMdata.csv - .csv-file with the heavy mineral data
- BigData.Rdata - 5-proxy dataset from Namibia