Eric S Fraga: Personal pages
Professor Eric S Fraga Centre for Process Systems Engineering Department of Chemical Engineering University College London (UCL) +44 (0) 20 7679 3817 (ext 33817) e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
I have previously held an EPSRC Advanced Fellowship and the Santos Chair of Energy & Resources at UCL Australia. While at UCL Australia, I was also the Academic Director, equivalent to head of department for academic purposes. A short biography is available. Much of this information is also encapsulated on UCL's Institutional Research Information Service (IRIS).
My main research interests are in the area of decision support through the development of computer aided design tools with the aim of aiding engineers, policy makers and other stakeholders in gaining an understanding of the issues that affect design. I currently have the following major software deliverables from his research:
- The Jacaranda system for automated design and process optimisation.
- The Strawberry (MATLAB or GNU Octave) and Fresa (julia) nature-inspired plant propagation algorithms for nonlinear and dynamic black-box optimisation.
These are available for evaluation and use from the links above.
Following is a selection of conferences, upcoming and recent:
- 85th Meeting of the European Working Group on Multiple Criteria Decision Aiding, Padova, 20-22 April 2017.
- 10th World Congress of Chemical Engineering & the European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering, Barcelona 1-5 October 2017.
- META 2016
- International conference on Metaheuristics and Nature Inspired Computing, 27-31 October, Marrakech, Morocco. Of special interest is the special session on Nature-Inspired Algorithms: Design, Analysis and Application. Submissions for papers for this session welcome.
- ESCAPE 26
- The 26th Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering, Portoroz, Slovenia, 12-15 June 2016.
- EGL 2016
- The Essex-Greenwich-London 2016 Workshop on Optimisation and Applied Mathematics, held at UCL, 7 June 2016.
The following are links to pages on my site which present more detailed information:
- my current research interests and activities.
- The Jacaranda system for process design and optimisation with a blog presenting the latest news about the system.
- The list from UCL Discovery or through my Google Scholar profile.
- Recent news and various musings
- Some personal stuff