Module 6: Fragment based drug design and virtual screening
|Module Leader||Dr Edith Chan|
|Short description |
Fragment based drug design is an established and successful concept and practices in drug discovery projects.
- Learn the concept of fragment-based drug design.
- Learn about interactions between protein and ligands.
- Learn various techniques for performing virtual screening.
- Be able to use commercial software to perform virtual screening. Learn about online chemical databases
- Learn basic Python programming
List of Lectures and Tutorials
- Fragment based drug discovery
- Computational design of fragments
- Virtual screening
- Learn to use Virtual screening software
- Learn to use online databases for virtual screening.
- Learn Python programing
- Workshop on FBDD by industry expert to learn real practise in FBDD
- Tutorial on basic Python programming using RDKit
|Module assessment ||50% course work + 50% unseen 1 hour exam|