UCL Scholars is a free online literacy skills programme for Year 9 students from across the country, delivered in partnership with the National Literacy Trust.
What is the Scholars programme?
The programme combines live online events and online mentoring with current UCL students. Each event runs from 10am to 1pm on the following dates in school holidays:
Wednesday 17 February and Thursday 18 February
Wednesday 14 April and Thursday 15 April
Wednesday 2 June and Thursday 3 June
Why take part in Scholars?
- Improved literacy skills and confidence
- Increased knowledge of university, and the steps to take in order to get there
- Opportunities to interact with a current UCL student through online mentoring
- A celebration showcase to be held in the summer
Who can take part?
In order to be eligible for a place on Scholars, you must be:
- Currently in Year 9
- Attending an UK state school
- Currently achieving a Grade 5 or above in the majority of your subjects, including English and Maths
As we often have more applications than there are places available, we will select participants based on our widening participation eligibility criteria. Please note, you will be asked to provide contact details of a teacher who we will contact to check you meet the entry requirements.
How to apply
Applications for the Scholars programme are now closed.
All applicants will be contacted in early February to inform them of the outcome of their application.
If you have any questions about the Scholars programme please get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.