UCL is delighted to host Envision@UCL: a one-day event for young people of African & Caribbean heritage interested in learning more about university and future career options.
It is an opportunity to:
- Gain valuable advice to help you plan your future
- Participate in subject taster sessions led by a UCL academic
- Develop practical skills to help you prepare for university life
- Meet current UCL students and found out more about UCL
- Speak to professionals about potential career paths
Envision is free to attend and lunch will be provided.
To attend this event, you must be:
- a prospective student from a Black African, Black Caribbean, Mixed Black (e.g. White and Black Caribbean), or other Black background;
- in years 11-12, attending a state school or academy in the UK.
Envision is paid for by UCL's Access and Participation Plan and Widening Participation funds. Therefore, priority will also be given to students who meet our general Widening Participation eligibility criteria.
Priority will be given to applicants who are on track to meet UCL entry requirements (minimum of ABB at A Level or 34 points at IB, plus a minimum of grade C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics. In addition, year 12 students who wish to apply must have achieved a minimum of five A*-B grades at GCSE.
The next Envision@UCL event will take place in the Spring of next year. Please check this page in early 2020 for further details.
Please note that we are not able to accommodate parents and carers at this event for safeguarding reasons. However, we do have other programmes and events which parents and carers are welcome to attend, such as Bring Your Family to University Days.