UCL is proud to host these visit days for students in Year 5 right up to Year 11, and their families.
Attendees will learn more about university in general, subject choices and educational pathways, university degree subject options and related careers, and meet staff and students from UCL.
Applications are open until 10am, Monday 17 June 2019. Please see further details below.
- These visit days are for students attending a state school in the UK. Priority will be given to students who meet one or more of our eligibility criteria.
- Every student must be accompanied by a parent, other adult relative or guardian. Younger siblings and other family members are also welcome to attend.
- The events are FREE to attend and include lunch.
- Travel arrangements can be made where necessary.
- There are 150 spaces available for students and their families at each event.
About the events
These days include activities such as academic taster lectures, careers panels, campus tours, advice on areas such as student finance and how to apply to university, parent guidance sessions, and the opportunity to talk to current university students.
The events are one day long, and will run during the summer holidays 2019. There are two scheduled to take place, focused on different school year groups:
|Year Group||Event Date||Event Time||Application Deadline||Application Forms|
Primary (Years 5-6)
|Tuesday 13 August 2019||9:30-14:00||10 am, Monday 17 June 2019||Apply here for Years 5-6|
Secondary (Years 7-11)
|Friday 16 August 2019||9:30-15:00||10 am, Monday 17 June 2019||Apply here for Years 7-11|
Feedback from students
"I really enjoyed today and there was a lot of information that has made me more confident about my GCSEs." Y8 pupil
"I really enjoyed this event because it gave me a real insight on life at university and the careers that are available for me." Y10 pupil
“My favourite thing was doing the activities with the Ambassadors.” Primary pupil
Comments from parents
"My 13 year old daughter started the day adamant that university was not for her and we left with her so positive about her future and how much she would enjoy a university life. Well done!"
"All speakers were excellent. Very motivational in getting me thinking about what we need to research. Very worthwhile for both parent and child."
"The students are a credit to UCL and the alumni at the end were wonderful. Very interesting and informative. I will now encourage my daughter to choose subjects she loves rather than try too hard to plan for a specific degree."
"The event was excellent, it was really needed and we feel more relaxed as a family to go forward."
How to apply
Applications for the next Bring Your Family to University Days are now open. Please fill in the corresponding form for your year group via the links below.
Application deadline for both year groups: 10am, Monday 17 June 2019.
- Please ensure you have read through our before applying.
- Please complete this form with your parent(s)/carer(s), as you will be asked to complete personal and contact information for students and parent(s)/carer(s).
- It will take around 15 minutes to complete the application: please make sure you have time to complete it.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application is submitted, with a copy of all the answers you have given: please contact us if you do not receive this (after checking your junk folder) or need to change any of your answers.