UCL is proud to host visit days for students in Year 5 right up to Year 11, and their families.
Attendees will learn more about university in general, subject choices and educational pathways, university degree subject options and related careers, and meet staff and students from UCL.
Applications are now closed for 2019 visit days. Information about 2019-20 events will be updated on this webpage at the end of Summer 2019.
- These visit days are for students attending a state school in the UK. Priority will be given to students who meet one or more of our eligibility criteria.
- Every student must be accompanied by a parent, other adult relative or guardian. Younger siblings and other family members are also welcome to attend.
- The events are FREE to attend and include lunch.
- Travel arrangements can be made where necessary.
- There are 150 spaces available for students and their families at each event.
About the events
These one-day days include activities such as academic taster lectures, careers panels, campus tours, advice on areas such as student finance and how to apply to university, parent guidance sessions, and the opportunity to talk to current university students.
Feedback from students
"I really enjoyed today and there was a lot of information that has made me more confident about my GCSEs." Y8 pupil
"I really enjoyed this event because it gave me a real insight on life at university and the careers that are available for me." Y10 pupil
“My favourite thing was doing the activities with the Ambassadors.” Primary pupil
Comments from parents
"My 13 year old daughter started the day adamant that university was not for her and we left with her so positive about her future and how much she would enjoy a university life. Well done!"
"All speakers were excellent. Very motivational in getting me thinking about what we need to research. Very worthwhile for both parent and child."
"The students are a credit to UCL and the alumni at the end were wonderful. Very interesting and informative. I will now encourage my daughter to choose subjects she loves rather than try too hard to plan for a specific degree."
"The event was excellent, it was really needed and we feel more relaxed as a family to go forward."
How to apply
Applications for the 2018-19 Bring Your Family to University Days are now closed. Information about 2019-20 events will be updated on this webpage at the end of Summer 2019.