The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018.
UCL has a data protection policy that sets out our commitment to the safeguarding of personal data processed by its staff and students and our stances on compliance with data protection legislation. To read the university's general privacy notice and Data Protection Policy, please visit the UCL Legal Services website.
In addition to these policies, UCL Urban Laboratory have an additional local privacy notice, based on the information we collect from you when signing up to our mailing list or attending an event, which you can read below.
Online mailing list
UCL Urban Laboratory maintains a database of names and email addresses of individuals who have expressed an interest in receiving our online newsletters. These provide updates on our research, publications, public engagement programme, and other notices.
Individuals can sign up to receive correspondence from the UCL Urban Laboratory in one of two ways:
- when booking to attend a UCL Urban Laboratory event you will be asked whether you would like to be added to the Urban Circular mailing list
To unsubscribe from UCL Urban Laboratory email newsletters simply open the most recent email you received from us. At the bottom of that email you'll find an unsubscribe link. Enter your email address on that link and your email will be removed from our database.
UCL Urban Laboratory does not share subscribers' personal data.
UCL Urban Laboratory will only keep your data for as long as is required for the purpose of sending you newsletters. You can unsubscribe from further contact at any time.
We regularly delete existing subscribers from UCL Urban Laboratory communications if they haven't opened the past twenty emails from us.
On a monthly basis we delete contact details of subscribers who have not opened correspondence from UCL Urban Laboratory in the past 100 days.
You have the right to bring a complaint about how we process your data, to the Information Commission Officer at any time - https://ico.org.uk
Our website uses https, which means that anything sent between your device and our servers will be encrypted. Our SSL certificate tells you that pages you visit on our website are provided by UCL.
Event booking information
We collect data on customers whilst taking bookings for events. We take the security of attendee's data very seriously, in compliance with UCL's Information Security Policy.
Tickets booked for events organised by UCL Urban Laboratory are subject to the following booking terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the programme as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- By attending you consent to your image being used for future communications both on and off line by UCL Urban Laboratory to promote our work. This might include (but is not limited to) the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases, and funding applications. Please inform a member of staff before the event starts, if you do not wish to be audio recorded/photographed.
- As many of our public events are free, not everyone who registers for tickets attends. To make sure we have a full house we allocate more tickets than there are seats and we do our best to get the numbers right. Admission is on a first come, first served basis, so please arrive in good time for the start of the event.
- All attendees will be subject to, and should be made themselves aware of, additional venue rules.
- All attendees will be subject to, and should be made themselves aware of any Third Party booking software Privacy Statement rules (etc. Eventbrite).
Last updated on 18 June 2019.