- This Wednesday 29th April we will be talking and demoing at the late evening event on wearable 'superpowers' at the Science Museum.
- This week (25th-29th March) we will be demoing our "magic shoes" at the Science Museum, as part of the "You Have Been Upgraded" event, a festival of human enhancement.
- On Saturday 14th June we demoed our "sonic shoes" to grade 9 students, as part of the Royal Institution UCL Computer Science Masterclass series
- Our paper on walking sounds received an Honourable Mention award at CHI 2015! You can download the paper here
- Listen about the Hearing Body in Spanish in Radio Caracol Miami
- Watch the program on Embodiment on Spanish TVE2 (only for Spanish speakers)
- The Telegraph and Mail Online have covered the Hearing Body Project.
- Listen about the Hearing Body project on BBC Radio 4
- Feature in New Scientist on The Hearing Body project.
- The Hearing Body Project in UCL news.
- The Hearing Body project will be exhibited as part of our event "Putting people at the centre of digital health", at the UCL Festival for Digital Health. Everybody welcome! Don't forget to reserve your place.
- 11th-14th June: I will be presenting the Hearing Body project at the 15th International Multisensory Research Forum (IMRF), Amsterdam.
- On 9th June 2004 the Hearing Body project will be discussed at the Super-feelers workshop, London Royal College of Arts
- On 10th December 2013 Furfaro et al. paper will be presented at the Interactive Sonification Workshop (ISon 2013)
- 7th Oct 2013: Research on The Hearing Body moves for two months to the NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Japan.
- 4th Sep 2013: Experiments running next week! If you are interested in taking part, please contact a.tajadura [at] ucl.ac.uk
- June 9th to 15th, 2013: I will be presenting the Hearing Body project at the interdisciplinary summer school on “Embodied Inter-subjectivity : the 1st person and the 2nd person perspective” at the Island of Aegina, Greece
- 14th-15th May: I will be presenting the Hearing Body project at the workshop "Close to my body: Multisensory perspectives on peripersonal space" at the Institute of Philosophy, London
- 7th-10th April: I will be presenting the Hearing Body project at BNA 2013 Festival of Neuroscience, taking place at Barbican London. We will be demonstrating body illusions at the Barbican Foyers as part of the Wonder: Street Fair. Everybody is welcome to come and experience them!
- On 14th March 2013 a seminar on The Hearing Body Project will take place at Brunel Human Centre Design Institute.
Tajadura-Jimenez A, Tsakiris M, Marquardt T and Bianchi-Berthouze N (2015). Action sounds update the mental representation of arm dimension: contributions of kinaesthesia and agency. Front. Psychol. 6:689. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2015.00689
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Basia, M., Deroy, O., Fairhust, M., Marquardt, N., Bianchi- Berthouze, N. (2015) As Light as your Footsteps: Altering Walking Sounds to Change Perceived Body Weight, Emotional State and Gait. ACM. CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Seoul, April, 2015. Our paper got an honorable mention! You can download the paper here
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Furfaro, E., Bianchi-Berthouze, N., Bevilacqua, F. (2015). Sonification of virtual and real surface tapping: evaluation of behavior changes, surface perception and emotional indices. IEEE MultiMedia, 22(1), 48-57 (Special issue on Interactive Sonification). DOI: 10.1109/MMUL.2015.14
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Liu, B., Berthouze, N., Bevilacqua, F. (2014) Altering Touch Behavior and Perception with Sonification. 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Helsinki, Finland, 26th-30th October, 2014.
Bianchi-Berthouze, N., Tajadura Jimenez, A. (2014). It’s not just what we touch but also how we touch it. TouchME workshop, CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Toronto, 26th April-1st May 2014. You can download the paper here
Singh, A., Klapper, A., Jia, J., Fidalgo, A., Tajadura-Jimenez, A., Kanakam, N., Bianchi-Berthouze, N., CdeC Williams, A. (2014). Motivating People with Chronic Pain to do Physical Activity: Opportunities for Technology Design. ACM.
Furfaro, E., Berthouze, N., Bevilacqua, F., Tajadura-Jiménez, A. (2013). Sonification of surface tapping: Influences on behaviour, emotion and surface perception. Interactive Sonification Workshop (ISon 2013), Bielefeld, 9th-10th December, 2013. Link to ISON Paper Supplementary material
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Väljamäe, A., Toshima, I., Kimura, T., Tsakiris, M., Kitagawa, N. (2012). Action sounds recalibrate perceived tactile distance. Current Biology 22(13), R516-R517. Go to publication
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., “The Hearing Body project”. London Virtual Social Interaction Workshop, University College London, 4th-5thSeptember 2014.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., “The Hearing Body project”. The Senses Research Day, Institute of Philosophy, London, 19th June 2014.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Deroy, O., Bianchi-Berthouze, N., Marquardt, T., Asai, T., Kimura, T., Kitagawa, N. “Auditory-tactile induced changes in represented leg height when dropping a ball”. The 15th International Multisensory Research Forum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10th-14th June 2014.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Tsakiris, M., Marquardt, T., Bianchi-Berthouze, N. “Action sounds change the mental representation of arm length: Effects of kinaesthesia and sense of agency”. Poster presentation at the 15th International Multisensory Research Forum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10th-14th June 2014.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A. “The hearing body: Auditory perception and body representation”. UCL‐NTT Collaboration “Deep Brain Communication” Project, Second Meeting: “Perception, Action and Communication: Implicit versus Conscious Aspects”, NTT Atsugi, Japan, November 21st-22nd, 2013.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Väljamäe, A., Toshima, I., Kimura, T., Tsakiris, M., Kitagawa, N. “Action sounds recalibrate perceived tactile distance”. Summer School on “Embodied Inter-subjectivity : the 1st person and the 2nd person perspective”, Aegina, Greece, June 9th-15th, 2013.
Tajadura-Jiménez, A., Väljamäe, A., Toshima, I., Kimura, T., Tsakiris, M., Kitagawa, N. “Action sounds recalibrate perceived tactile distance”. The British Neuroscience Association's Festival of Neuroscience, April 7th-11th, 2013.
Page last modified on 11 may 15 16:25 by Ana Tajadura Jimenez