Open Access has its philosophical roots in the traditional values and goals of the academy – collegiality, research and knowledge creation as a shared endeavour, a collaborative approach to enquiry, the furtherance of human understanding and the diffusion of knowledge to the benefit of society at large.
Benefits of publishing your book as Open Access:
- Increased usage, visibility and impact
- Makes the results of publicly funded research available to all through a free, unrestricted online access system
- Creates a global knowledge resource for the benefit of all
- Enhances the public profile of our researchers as well as those of other universities
- Access to research for policy and decision makers
See Open Access at UCL for more information.