OPPORTUNITY: Call for tenders for east London teacher CPD feasibility study
20 September 2021
UCL East is currently looking for proposals to get involved in our educational engagement work in east London through conducting a feasibility study related to our East Education Teachers' Development programme. Deadline is 24 September 2021.
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park partners Here East and East Bank have created an ambitious education framework, East Education.
This recognises that the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park developments are an extraordinary opportunity, but that for the opportunity to benefit local young people and their families, we must pay attention to the pathways and connections between organisations and people.
East Education Teacher Talent Development programme would like to commission a feasibility study that explores and develops a framework for sustainable East Education Teacher Development. This will build communities of practice, with the East Bank partners (UCL, V&A, BBC, UAL's London College of Fashion and Sadler's Wells) and associated industries, and extend teacher skillsets.
Schools are well-placed to ensure a generational approach to expanding opportunity, including for hard-to-reach young people. We aim to give them help and support in order to be able to work most constructively.
This study must bring together the London Boroughs of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest into a single East Education ‘Menu of CPD Opportunities’, and identify opportunities to further strengthen this Menu by assessing how far the current offer:
- Raises awareness, and acumen, amongst teachers of developments in STEAM industries and the skills those industries are looking for in the next generation of talent.
- Increases the skills, learning and understanding of students, so that they are better prepared to progress into the high-quality education, apprenticeship and employment opportunities at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and beyond.
- Builds sustained partnerships between schools, colleges and employers/cultural institutions capable of co-designing and delivering CPD activities, with the ability to flex over time to ensure their continued relevance.
Also, how the offer supports the following East Bank Strategic Objectives must be analysed:
- Local aspirations have been raised and perceptions of East London have improved.
- The education and skills attainment levels of local people have been enhanced.
- New models of practice in creativity, innovation and ground-breaking research have been produced.
For more information on the brief, application requirements and timeline, click here: