Jason guides the design and development of the labs which will be located in Pool Street West and Marshgate
Jason gained his BEng in 2007 In Mechanical engineering and MRes in Materials Engineering in 2008 from Swansea University. His PhD looked into solid oxide fuel cell degradation using piezoelectric crystals, and was awarded by University College London in 2011.
Since then, Jason has supported and developed fuel cell research at UCL as a Senior Research Associate in the field of fuel cell and battery engineering. He then became the Senior research manager for the Electrochemical innovation labs in 2014 which has grown to one of the largest electrochemical groups in the UK.
He joined the UCL East team in January of 2018 as the Specialist Laboratory and Workshop Planning Manager to guide the design and development of UCL’s future lab’s at pool street west, Marshgate and the Advanced propulsion Labs (APL).
- Research management
- PEM fuel cell systems in automotive applications
- Lithium ion battery manufacture and testing (cell – pack level)
- Electric powertrain and component degradation analysis
- Solid Oxide fuel cell systems
- Piezoelectric crystals
- X-ray Computed Tomography of fuel cell and battery materials
- Electrochemical characterisation of alternative energy technologies
- Systems analysis and diagnostics
List of Academic Publications: