05 November 2019–06 November 2019, 9:15 am–5:15 pm
The TRO DDG will be attending ELRIG Drug Discovery 2019 – Looking Back To The Future
Dr Richard Angell
ACC LiverpoolKing’s DockLiverpoolL3 4FP
Now in its 13th year, ELRIG’s flagship conference Drug Discovery 2019 will take place at ACC in Liverpool.
This year’s focus, ‘A Look Back to the Future’ is planned to include plenary introductions assessing how we got to where we are now and setting the challenges for discovering the drugs of the future. These will be followed by cutting edge talks and examples of new directions in drug discovery.
The scientific programme will feature over 40 world-class speakers with 6 main session tracks. In partnership with key academic and charitable groups, joint disease and biology-oriented tracks will be run focusing on the basic sciences that underpin successful drug discovery.
Drug Discovery 2019 Plenary Keynote Speakers:
- Mene Pangalos (AstraZeneca)
- Fiona Marshall (MSD)
The tracks for Drug Discovery 2019 cover the following key areas:
- Cellular Models of Disease
- Chemical biology – re-defining target tractability and therapeutic class
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Targeting Ion Channels for Drug Discovery hosted by the British Pharmacological Society
- Molecular and Cellular Imaging
- Biomarkers Strategies in Drug Discovery
- Hit Finding Strategies
- Oncology in Drug Discovery hosted by Cancer Research UK